What is Xing?
Xing is a German based company who offers a business networking site that can be accessed via the internet at http://www.xing.com/.
Xing offers two packages – basic membership (free) and premium membership (5.95 euros £4.76 a month) which offers the following extra features:
- Contact members directly with personal and secure messages
- Find out who recently visited yoru profile, changed their company or position
- Find or submit job openings
- Access to Xing PremiumWorld (offer products and services from partnering companies for business and leisure activities) with exclusive special offers on products and services
Other interesting features that are available for all memberships are
- Create a public or private event (send invitations to your XING contacts)
- Conference call (each participant will be charged connection costs by their phone provider for a call to the number in Hamburg, Germany)
- Create a profile or international business card – add CV and details of your specialisms.
Find jobs and contacts. Contacts are listed in your ‘profile’ along with how you are connected to them.
- Xing offers an address book area where notes can be added.
- There are over 25,000 forums that can be used to gain advice.
Another business networking site is LinkedIn (see the post on 17th March 2008).