having conversations about your brand and products.
- Post-interaction emails, calls to action and
contests are great way of attracting authentic content.
- Share your earned media across multiple channels
to ensure it is seen by shoppers throughout the buying cycle.
- Invite them to share opinions, product ratings
Show consumers that you value their
contributions by sharing their content and answering questions.
Over 70% of shoppers research online before
making a purchase so make sure your earned media is easily accessible.
Target your marketing activities with insights gleaned
from social media.
Social allows you to see shoppers’ preferences
and buying motivations. Social shows you the keywords people are using to talk
about you brand and products.
- Incorporate these into your Search Engine
feedback for product development.
Invite your customers to share their ideas for
new products. This will give them an interest in the brand and they are more
likely to become advocates.
- When releasing a new product select advocates to
trial the product in return for feedback. This earned media can then be used in
adverts and on social sites to create a buzz around the product launch.
the visibility of word of mouth content can increase ‘buy now’ action by up to
76% and time spent on your site by up to 79%.
- Display customer ratings on products to turn
browsers into buyers.
- Social channels should be used as a forum where you can
interact with your customers, gaining their trust, loyalty and feedback.
What else is on your checklist? Do share @annmariehanlon
Need more help – see Quick Win Social Media Marketing